Saturday, July 14, 2007

Christmas in July

Well, Thomas has been working hard the last two days to make something extra special for Isaiah. But first a little history...

Whenever Thomas opens his guitar case, Isaiah gets really excited! If he's not close to his daddy he tries to get to him or at least be able to see him. He has excellent hearing; he really does hear the case being opened. Then when Thomas gets the guitar out and starts playing, Isaiah thinks that he MUST touch the guitar. He reaches for it with such strength that if I am holding him he nearly throws himself out of my arms. Thomas will sometimes let him strum the guitar, which immediately brings Isaiah incredible joy.

Well, we want to encourage Isaiah's apparent love of music. Thomas called me the other day to tell me that he had a surprise for someone else that I would really like. When I came home, he showed me the largest part of the body of an Isaiah-sized guitar. He finished it last night, including a paint job, strings, and tuning (yes, it really plays "just like Daddy's").


This morning, Thomas gave Isaiah the guitar.
Isaiah was enthralled. You would have thought that it was Christmas morning. He has played with it off and on all day with more attention than anything else that he has. Yes, he seems to LOVE his guitar.

Once I figure out how to upload videos, I'm sure that there will be video posted! We're so proud of our little man!

1 comment:

Pam said...

I am sure this is the first of many guitars in Isaiah's life. I look forward to the time he will be able to play for his Grandparents.