Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Some fun contraptions


This Monday Isaiah had his physical therapy, just like most Mondays; but this Monday was special. Becca (his physical therapist) came bearing surprises! A few weeks ago, Becca had cast Isaiah for braces. I didn't expect them to arrive until the middle of May, but she brought them today! These braces will enable Isaiah to stand in something called a Gecko upright stander, which holds him upright and makes him bear weight on his feet.

Sometimes it is hard to see all the "aids" that Isaiah needs to do the things that other children his age do naturally. But most of the time, by God's grace, I am able to be thankful for what God has enabled men to invent to help other people. I praise God for the common grace that He has extended to man.

I also think about all the "aids" that God gives us in our spiritual life. I know that there have been times in my own life that I don't think that I could have "stood" on my own. God never failed to bolster me up with the truth of His Word, whether it came through reading, preaching, or fellowship.

I look at Isaiah's body and his capabilities and think about all that God can do for him physically, but that is nothing compared to the greatness of what He can, and I pray will do very soon, in Isaiah's heart.

3 comments:

The Nelsons said...

It is wonderful to see Isaiah standing up. He looks like he is loving it.
We are so proud!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of my nephew! He looks so excited to be standing and & I know you both are too.

Love, Beth & Jason

Anonymous said...

Tears of joy are flowing when I saw the picture of Isaiah standing. Our Lord is so good to us in so many little ways that we sometimes do not take the time to say thank you to Him.