Monday, May 14, 2007

Our 2nd Mother's Day

Mother's Day has always been special to me because I have a wonderful mother. Now it is even more special because I have a wonderful son! Thomas and Isaiah helped make my second mother's day quite grand. Thomas cooked breakfast and lunch, which is always a treat because he is an excellent cook! I also had sweet cards from him and Isaiah. It's amazing how well Isaiah can get around to shops these days!

We had a good time of worship in the morning and evening, with a nap in between and some fun f
ellowship at the home of some friends of ours afterwards.

Before Isaiah was born, people told us over and over how having a baby would change our lives. Some things I could think ahead and just naturally figure would be different, but most of the changes I never anticipated. One that I worried about was sleep. I have always been a very sound sleeper. You can ask Thomas about this, he is quite jealous of my sleeping abilities. I worried before Isaiah was born that I wouldn't be able to hear him crying for me in the night because I sleep so soundly. Now I still sleep through lots of noises, but the one that always seems to awaken me is the slightest sound that comes from the room next to ours. I am amazed at how God changes us to fulfill the duties that He gives us. I do see being Isaiah's mom as a calling from God. I am thankful that for whatever He calls us, He also equips us in order to be able to do that calling. Not that I'm the perfect mother, anyone who knows me even a little bit can see my faults in that area, but God is faithful to help me be a godly mother who continues to grow in grace.

Here's a comparison of Isaiah and Mama from our first
Mother's Day to yesterday. I think that the Lord has done a great deal in both of us!
Seeing God's help in this area gives me encouragement for our work in Russia. I often get nervous thinking about working in Russia and learning the language in particular. It's not a "I'm scared to death" nervous, but more of a fear of not being able to do well. I must remember to look at what God has done in my life in other areas to enable me to do things I never thought possible and then trust that He will also enable me to learn Russian and minister in a culture that I do not understand right now. I must remember to look to God! He is so faithful even when I forget and become anxious! I pray for His grace and wisdom!

1 comment:

Guitta said...

I think I finally caught up on all your new blogs. You have been busy with your blogger. I love it!!

love you,
guitta