Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sleep, sweet sleep

Thank you all for your prayers yesterday, and continued prayers today! We had a much better night last night. Thankfully the only interruptions were the nurse bringing me syringes of medicine to give Isaiah. I think that she brought 3 (maybe 4?) rounds of medicine in the night. Even better, Isaiah didn't wake up while I was trying to squirt the medicine into his mouth in the dark--and I think he even got most of the medicine! :)
(this picture was about 6 months ago, and in his own bed, but I couldn't resist putting a picture of him sleeping--he's just too adorable!)

Thomas said he slept well, and I was able to go right back to sleep after giving Isaiah his medicine. It's amazing how absolute exhaustion will help you sleep anywhere!

We do hope that the plan has not changed for us to go home today. Please pray that the discharge process will be handled very quickly and efficiently. The last time Isaiah was in the hospital we were told at 8:00am that someone would be coming in a few minutes to discharge us. At 1:00pm we were finally leaving the hospital. Waiting to be discharged is like waiting at a green light; I always wonder, "and what are we waiting on?".

We have been greatly ministered to by many people. Isaiah's physical therapist even came by and stayed with him so Thomas and I could go eat supper last night. My sweet friend Guitta let me come take a shower at her house. Sleep and cleanliness can make a world of difference!

Thank you to all of you for praying. We know that the effectual fervent prayers of the righteous avail much!


1 comment:

Rev. said...

Thank you for the updates. The Lord bless you all!