Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I love people who love my baby!

I've told Thomas many times that when people show love for Isaiah it only shows what good taste they have. :) Of course, I might be a little partial. But it is amazing how someone who shows care for my child is greatly endeared to me from that point on. I have found myself doing things for Isaiah that I would never take the initiative to do for myself. Who knew?

Today I took Isaiah for an EEG. Last year between Thanksgiving and Christmas (I don't remember exactly when) Isaiah began to have a twitch on the right side of his face. After a little scare that it might be something called "partial complex seizures" that can happen in child
ren with spina bifida, we were reassured by a neurologist that it's most likely something called a hemi-facial twitch that will eventually just go away. To be on the safe side though, as most doctors seem to like to be, she scheduled an EEG and an MRI. So, today I took Isaiah to the old familiar hospital, UMC, and he had 28 sensors put on his cute little head for a 20 minute test. He was actually really good for it.

So back to my original thought...after the test we were able to visit with my friend Guitta.
She's really quite grand. I already loved her, but she has taken such a liking to Isaiah that I love her even more. We were able to take a walk in the lovely weather that we're having and then have lunch together. I'm trying to grab every available moment with my friends here before we go. Whenever I take Isaiah to the doctor in Jackson, I try to make arrangements to see at least one friend there. Last time I was able to see my friend Natalie who sang at my wedding (some of you who read this might remember her). She's also a grand person, with almost too much talent to easily fit in to just the right place. She can always make me laugh with her quick though sometimes quiet humor.

Oh, in case you are wondering, Thomas made it safely to Moscow and I'm assuming to St. Petersburg. He was very tired when I talked to him this morning (late afternoon for him). He said that everything went very well, even the purchasing of 2 train tickets, which he had to do in Russian. He said that he had to do it in a "round about way", but he was able to get the job done.
I miss him.

Well, good night.

No comments: