Wednesday, January 31, 2007

With anticipation

Saturday brings another first for our family--We will be celebrating Isaiah's first birthday! His birthday isn't actually until next Tuesday, but in order to have as many family members come as possible, we decided that a Saturday would be best. Having never had to prepare for a 1st birthday party, I find myself learning about a whole new world: party decorations, party favors, treat bags, etc. I have decided, however, that this celebration will be a little more low key. We will have only the essentials: good food, family and probably lots of pictures.
But in all seriousness, I am looking forward to marking the year, in most ways that is. I do feel a little sad about my "baby" turning 1; but at the same time I feel such joy that God has brought him so far from his sudden beginning!
I'll be happy to report after Saturday the great amusement had by all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Isaiah! We love you and are so happy that you're turning one year old!
Much love,
the Harrises

Anonymous said...

Oh hooray! Somehow I thought this blog had disappeared or died or something. I've been missing out! Anyway, happy birthday Isaiah! (He looks so cute!)